Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Green Virgin Liquid Soap Nuts Review


I have been using soap nuts for a few years now, but for someone who is not familiar with them, they might be a little intimidating. I was thrilled to hear that there is a liquid version of soap nuts and I was even more excited to give it a try!

If you are unfamiliar with soap nuts, they are the shell of the fruit of sapindus trees. This is the only laundry product you can get that grows on trees! That makes this pretty much the safest thing to use in your washing machine to clean your clothes. You can not get more natural than right off of the tree. The liquid version made by Green Virgin  is comprised of the main ingredient sapindus mukurossi soap liquid and caprylyl glycol and phenethyl alcohol as the preservatives. All ingredients rate as a 0 (the best rating) on the Skin Deep Database, so this is a safe product to use for your clothes. It comes with a pump and it says for HE washers that you only need to use two pumps.  That is 120 loads in a tiny 8 oz bottle! I have a top loading washer, which requires three pumps of liquid, but that would still last a while! When I first pumped it in, I noticed that it is a brown liquid, which is a little different than the norm, but I have used this laundry soap several times now and the coloring has not effected the outcome of any laundry I have done. There is a distinct smell to the laundry soap, but I have not noticed that it leaves any scent on the clothes. I like to use dryer balls with essential oils infused for scenting my laundry. 
I have been impressed with Green Virgin's Liquid Soap Nuts so far. It does a great job getting my clothes super clean and since it is so concentrated, it takes up less space in the laundry room and also lasts longer than some of the big containers you would get at the store that contain all kinds of bad chemicals. Liquid Soap Nuts are great for naturally cleaning your clothes, contributing less to waste (because of the small bottles/long lasting product:) and better for you and your family to be around because the liquid does not contain any chemicals.

Green Virgin has a sample bottle of the liquid soap (that will take care of 6 loads of laundry) for .50 cents if you want to give it a try before you commit. I highly recommend giving it a try!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers."

No comments:

Post a Comment